High blood pressure is a global issue, and recent research says it has affected more than 1.13 billion people in the world. High blood pressure puts you at risk of heart problems and stroke. So, you need not neglect high blood pressure or hypertension. Medical science has discovered Yoga is an ancient, safe, and natural approach to control high blood pressure. Regular practice of Yoga, a Healthy Diet, and Herbals treatment helps you stay fit, keeps your blood pressure under control, and relieves your mental stress.
What are the symptoms of blood pressure?
High blood pressure does not pop up any symptoms. But if you have high blood pressure, you may face a lack of sleep, dizziness, frequent urination at night, irregular heartbeat, or pain inside the chest.
Contributors of High Blood Pressure:
- When you lack physical labor and simultaneously eat a lot of oily meals, in the absence of physical work, the extra fat does not melt into the workforce, and the surplus fat gets stored within the vein and arteries makes the passage slender. The heart is to overwork to maintain the flow of the blood. And falling on which, the heart gets failure.
- The heart turns out to be very active to supply blood to different organs and glands in the body due to the fat’s obstruction within the blood vessels. As a result, your physical system generates extreme anger that causes the breaking of the blood vessel and causes demise.
- Consumption of abnormal protein in the body increases acidic proportion in blood and decreases alkaline. To purify the over-acidity in the blood, the blood-purifying parts of the body such as the heart, kidney, and liver come under tremendous pressure. Eventually, the entire system gets weakened and can’t tolerate the over-acidity resulting in an internal hemorrhage.
- Mental stress, tension, reaction, and frustration contribute to high blood pressure.
Yoga to Cure Blood Pressure:
Yoga is the best process to enhance the performance of the heart. The regular practice of Yoga Asanas and poses (Mudra) casts a positive impact on the body and mind. Here have a listing of effective Yoga processes for high blood pressure.
1.Utkshep Mudra: Yoga
- Lie down on the ground straight upward.
- Breathe in slowly and raise your legs to form a 90-degree angle from the floor.
- Fold your legs, knees, and thigh over your chest, keeping your legs and ankles jointly.
- Wrap the knees with arms, holding opposite elbows.
- Lift the neck and place the chin in between the knees.
- Remain for 5 seconds, exhaling the breath.
- Lower the neck and head on the ground
- Make the body straight and bring back the arms placing beside the body.
- Repeat the Utkshep Mudra Yoga three times.
2.Yoga Mudra Yoga
- Sit in lotus form (Padama Asana).
- Take the hands at the back of your lower back and hold your left-hand ankle with your right hand.
- Bow down slowly in front of you and touch the ground with your forehead or nose.
- Breathe out and hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Breathe in slowly and come back to the previous position.
- Repeat it four times.
3.Diirgha Pranam Yoga Asana:
- Sit on your heel with your buttocks.
- Keep your body straight and hands above your head together.
- Bend forward, exhaling your breath, and touch the ground with your nose.
- Extend your arms and palm together on the ground.
- Stay 30 seconds in this position, holding out your breath.
- Return to the original position, inhaling breath.
4.Bhujanga Yoga Asana
- Rest your body on your stomach with feet flat on the floor and touch the forehead on the ground.
- Bring the palms under your shoulder and elbow parallel to your trunk.
- Inhale a deep breath, raise your upper part of your body, and keep touching the navel on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and elbow with the equal support of your palm.
- Bend your spine, vertebrate by a vertebrate.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Breathe out and slowly bring back your chest, abdomen to the previous position.
- Repeat it five times.
5. Karma Asana Yoga
- Stand straight, take a deep breath, bring your hands behind the back, and cross your fingers.
- Take a deep breath, bend your body sideways to the left, breathe out, and liger for a few seconds.
- Breathe in and come back up
- Fold your body sideways to the right, exhale, and liger your body for a few seconds.
- Inhale and rise back, up.
- Bend forward, exhale your breath and bring back your hands up.
- Linger for a few seconds
- Inhale and go back up.
- Bend back a little, raise your chest, lift your eyes, and breathe in.
- Breathe out and come up.
- And repeat the process as above while you are in kneeling.
- It becomes your one round.
- Make repetition of it four rounds.
6. Vayavii Yoga Pranayam
- Stand straight.
- Close your eyes.
- Take your middle fingers of both hands to the nipples of the chest.
- Press both the nipples with the middle finger.
- Inhale a deep breath.
- Hold the breath for eight seconds.
- Exhale the breath slowly.
- Repeat five times.
7. Shavasana Yoga pose
- Lie down on the ground in Shavasana for two minutes.
- Close your eyes.
- Take deep and slow breathing.
- .Keep your hands and legs wide apart in a rest position.
- Detach your mind from the body and dive with your mind deep in bliss.
If you feel BP high, increase Shavasan for ten minutes. It brings immediate relief to you. You ought not to sleep during Shavasana.
Meditation is the best yoga to cure high blood pressure.
If you are at the severe stage of high blood pressure or hypertension, please do meditation. It helps you control blood pressure very soon and makes you stress-free. Practice it for fifteen minutes.
Yoga practices ought to be done early in the morning on an empty stomach. After yoga Asana, You should not come in direct contact with water for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Diet for High Blood Pressure:
The adage is “diet cures more than a doctor.” A healthy diet has a significant role in high blood pressure. Citrus fruits are good for Blood pressure. Fried, Dry, Saccharine ingredients are dangerous for BP patients. You need to take the foods that are alkaline types.
According to Medical science, alkaline foods increase immune power in the human body. You ought to avoid acidic food as they are harmful to your health. Consume salt as little as it is possible. The rest of the food habits should be according to weight loss.
Herbal Treatments for High Blood Pressure
Divide 11-gram Sarpagandha (Rauvolfia serpentine) powder into sixteen parts. Take one part of it and mix it with a quarter spoon of honey and Triphala (the ingredients of Indian Gooseberry, Myrobalan, and Terminalia Billerica ) juice twice a day in the morning and evening before sleep. It gives excellent results to lower high blood pressure.
How to prepare Triphala extract (Juice):
Take an equally small quantity of the three ingredients, mass with little water, and extract the juice.
Consume a spoonful powder of big cardamom with a quarter spoon of honey twice a day. It is beneficial for high blood pressure.
Researchers have found that regular yoga practices have decreased an average drop of 6 mm Hg in systolic blood pressure and 3mm Hg in diastolic blood pressure. Yoga, a healthy diet, and herbal treatment have an impact on the body and mind.
Yoga tranquilizes the autonomous nervous system in the body. The combined application of three yogic, diet, and herbal methods controls your blood pressure and helps you lead an active and peaceful life.
Frequent Asked Question:
Q1. Which Yoga is helpful to maintain normal blood pressure?
Answer: If you have acute high blood pressure, Meditation, Shavasan, Dirgha Pranam is the best Yoga pose to maintain normal blood pressure. After your blood pressure comes under control you can add Yoga Mudra, Bhujanga Asana , Krama Asan , and Vayavii Pranayam. All these Asanas help you flush the excess toxin from the body and enable your nervous and artery passages to flow the blood smoothly.
Q2. Can I do exercises with Yoga Asanas?
Ans: In the case of acute high blood pressure, you should walk early in the morning as much as 3000 steps. After having a walk, you need to take a rest for half an hour. Afterward, you can do Dirgha Pranam, Shavasan, and Meditation
Q3. What is the role of diet in BP cure?
Ans: There are two types of diet. The first one is an alkaline diet, and the second is an acidic diet. Acidic- food weakens the kidney, liver and all other blood purifying organs. As a result, they can’t maintain blood circulation. In this situation, the heart has to overwork. Over-acidity of the heart leads to high blood pressure. On the other hand, alkaline foods reduce the over-acidity in the blood and preserve the blood flow smoothly.